Thursday, March 20, 2008

Too busy to knit? Never!

I'm back! I've been helping Diametrag adjust to motherhood, and came home yesterday evening. I had a great time; Bean is the best baby and Diametrag is a wonderful mother! Well, of course I had to say that, I'm such a stereotypical proud grandma.

Once I knew Bean's size, I grabbed a skein of yarn and knit a little jacket. It fit him well, and he wore it all day. He also liked the little red sleep sack I knit. His first night must have been like a scene from Goldilocks. This sleep sack was too big, that one was too warm, and the red knit one was just right. He was so happy, and slept so hard he peed all over it. hahahaha.

I also got to see my baby socks in action. Rather non-action, because those socks stayed on while he kicked and wiggled all day. Pretty cool. I hadn't ever seen my socks on a baby, and I was pleased to see how well they fit and stayed on his feet.

I've got lots of laundry here, the dog needs a good brushing, and I plan to spend some time resting and cast on another baby hat. Diametrag took some nice pictures of Bean wearing my sweater, and I'll post them later.

I will show you my latest plant. I found an Easter Cactus (Rhipsalidopsis gaertneri) at a local garden center. It is loaded with buds, and I am eager to see these flowers open. I have an Easter Cactus from my grandmother, and it has bloomed only once in 20 years or more. That one is orange-red, and this new plant is pink. I did not expect to find an Easter cactus in the store, they are not as easy to bloom as a Thanksgiving Cactus.

Life seems pretty good right now. The sun is shining, birds are singing, most of the snow is gone, and my loved ones are healthy and happy. I am blessed.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters