Friday, March 21, 2008

And Here's Bean!

As promised, I have pictures of Bean.

He's wearing the sweaters I knit, and he's warm and toasty. This little sweater knit as quickly as the infamous 5-hour Baby Sweater. It's a raglan cardigan, called Going Home Outfit I left off the buttons, and Bean doesn't care. The newborn size really fits a newborn. How cool!

Yeah, that's me, the one with bad hair. Just look at the baby, he's the cutie.



Diametrag gave me a skein of Bernat Denim, and while I was at her house I made it up into a nice blue sweater. It's bulkier yarn than what I like to use for babies, but neither Diametrag nor Bean seems to care. When he's warm, he sleeps longer and she gets to rest a bit. The sleeves are a bit short, I had a 100 gram skein of yarn, and almost ran out. I skimped a bit on the sleeves, and managed to get it done.

Three more hats ready for the hospital, that's six in the bag and 1 on the needles.
From left to right, the patterns are, Fancy Slip Stitch Rib, Little Basket Weave, and Uneven Rib.


The Fancy Slip Stitch Rib is a multiple of 5, and I cast on 70 sts. Next time I'll cast on 75 because the slip stitch tightens it up a bit. The Little Basket Weave stitch is very pretty, but I'm not happy with my decreases at the top. Next time I'll try to continue the rib a bit while I decrease.
Uneven Rib is my favorite so far. It's stretchy and will fit many sizes.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 12:45 PM, March 21, 2008, Blogger Alwen said...

Awwww! What a cute little Bean! He looks so cute in your hand-knits!

 
At 10:04 AM, April 01, 2008, Blogger Leahtk said...

My DH loves the pic of the Bean in the blue sweater, he says it looks like he's getting ready to punch the camera.

 
At 10:18 AM, April 01, 2008, Blogger tatt3r said...

You're right! He looks like a real tough guy, doesn't he.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters