Sunday, August 10, 2008

Knitting Again, and Guitar Guts



When I first started, I could only knit 1 row before I had to set it down. Now it is 4 weeks since my surgery, and I can knit 2 or 3 rows without stopping.

I can't knit Continental, but manage to knit with the yarn through my right hand. It feels strange to me; I've been knitting Continental since elementary school. At the beginning of each row I automatically try to pick up the yarn with my left hand. It looks strange to J, too. He watched me struggling with my yarn and needles, and realized something was wrong.


J has made progress on Diametrag's guitar. He bent the wood trim, cut the slot on the edges and glued the 2 pieces of trim to the body. It was not easy, and involved lots of cursing before he was done. I've got to get him some new rubberbands, the ones he is using are old, and snap when they are stretched to their limit. While the glue dried on the trim, Kaylee and I endured 2 evenings of rubberbands snapping and shooting across the room like little missiles.

J used curly maple and ebony for the trim. There's curly maple on the head piece, too. Walnut back and sides; spruce top. He's sanding now, and stops to thump the top with his thumb. It has a beautiful, lively sound.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, August 12, 2008, Blogger Alwen said...

Pffft, it's not cursing: it's the Secret Magic Words that make stubborn inanimate objects obey!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters