Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Hats to the Hospital

I took a dozen baby hats to the local hospital today. I lined them up for a mug shot before I gave them away.

I got 5 7/8 hats from my pink skein; I had to use a new skein for the last 3 decreasing rounds. I got 6 hats from the blue skein, and knit about 2" ribbing of another hat.

I use a Twisted German Cast-on, and all the cuffs are very stretchy. Right now I prefer a k2p2 rib on the cuff, k1p1 looks flat to me. I make a generous 3" rib, which gives you a lot of room for adjustment. My knitting basket feels empty right now, I'm going to start on another batch.

(top row, left to right) Uneven Rib, Waving Rib, k3p1 rib.

(bottom row, left to right) Waffle Stitch, Little Basket Weave Stitch, Fancy Slip Stitch Rib.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters