Thursday, March 27, 2008

Four more baby hats



Four little baby hats sitting in a row,
Ten are done,
Two more to go!

That reminds me of jumping rope for some reason. I've been a bit under the weather, and spending my time drinking green tea, napping, knitting baby hats, and re-reading the Dresden Files. I'm only on book two, Fool Moon. Dresden helps me nap when I'm tired of knitting.

I will get six hats from each 140 gr skein of Bernat Softee Baby, with about 10 grams left over. I think I can locate a partial skein of white Softee Baby somewhere deep in my stash. If I do, I'll try to knit a seventh hat; a cuff in color and white for the body. I'll weigh my leftovers and see if there's enough.

Starting at the left the patterns are: Uneven Rib, Waffle Stitch, Wavy Rib and Little Basketweave. I think I improved my decreases for Wavy Rib and Little Basketweave. Wavy Rib might need one more adjustment, but it's going in the right direction. All are 72 stitches; rib 3", pattern 3", decrease about 9 rounds to 8 or 9 stiches, finish off.

I am planning an excursion to the hospital next week to drop off the hats. If I'm lucky I'll have 14 hats.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters