Wednesday, January 25, 2006


My second pair of Opal socks for charity are ready for the heels! I'm getting better at the 2 sox on 2 circs, but now I'm faced with another challenge. I'm not sure if I will put the non-working sock on a holder, or work the heel with the dangling, tangling mess.

Knitting this way is slowly getting easier. The little circs are very comfortable in my hands; they are starting to bend a bit, but that makes me think of them as old friends.

If it seems that it's taking a long time for me to make these socks, well, I must admit I've been a bit distracted by yet another Moebius scarf. You can see the culprit in my picture, more sock yarn that will not be hidden in shoes. I wanted a wider scarf, and also wanted a pattern that went lengthwise, to be attractive when worn as a long loop. I finally found a nice reversible diagonal stitch, and have done a few rounds of a simple yo, k2tog between the panels. I am into the last half of the skein, and will have a nice, wide Moebius that I can use as a hood if I choose.

The picture isn't real good, the flash bleached out the stitch pattern. If the sun comes out today, I'll try to get a better shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters