Friday, July 21, 2006

Lacy Baby Hat with SamplerM Pattern 3

I've been busy with major construction at our house, but managed to knit the third pattern for my SamplerM. It's another pretty pattern that translated easily to a baby hat for the local hospital.

I made a small change to Pattern 3. I changed it to a multiple of 8 rather than a multiple of 7. I added an extra stitch to the eyelet section which gives me a continuous edge stitch on both sides. I didn't like the way the first eyelet was immediately next to the purl stitches, while the last eyelet row had a plain stitch separating the eyelet from the purl stitches.

I don't know if you can see the difference in my photo. I can see the difference in 'real life', and I'm pleased with my little hat.

I have a new link to Save the Children and their campaign to collect baby hats. I will probably send one hat, but I am happiest now donating to my local hospital.

The doily in the picture is hairpin lace and tatting. I sold the pattern to Old Time Crochet just before it stopped publishing. You can find the pattern at if you are interested.


At 11:23 AM, July 28, 2006, Blogger Karen said...

So pretty! Your work is so wonderful!

At 5:50 PM, September 07, 2006, Blogger Mem√© said...

Great work... congratulations¬°¬°


Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters