Monday, June 26, 2006

More Spiders - another Bobbin Lace Bookmark


I'm busy today, but I am writing a short post, just to show the next bookmark I've started. I'm using Bockens linen 40/2, and using a pricking I made myself. I started with a pricking that wasn't the right size for my thread, and transferred it to the right sized grid. Then I added a point instead of a blunt end, and finally made the whole thing a bit wider. I originally was going to alternate cloth stitch and half stitch diamonds down the center, instead I am again making spiders. I need the practise, at any rate. The linen is so much nicer than the perle cotton. Next I'm going to try some 6 cord cotton I have in my stash, and compare the 3 different threads while everything is fresh in my mind.

Dropped off three hats and 2 pairs baby socks for the hospital Saturday at the Knitting Social.

2 Comments:

At 10:36 AM, June 26, 2006, Blogger Karen said...

And here we thought knitting was compicated. I couldn't imagine doing that at all. It's beautiful!

 
At 6:22 PM, June 26, 2006, Blogger tatt3r said...

You only focus on using 2 pairs of bobbins at once. The other pairs are idle until you need them, similar to knitting with double pointed needles. There are also only 2 movements, cross and twist. Just as there is more than knit and purl in knitting, bobbin lace gets complicated rather quickly. Just remember, my little Torchon bookmarks are very much like knitting a garter stitch scarf. I've got a long way to go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters