Friday, June 23, 2006

Too Many Spiders!

The bookmark is done, and I'm ready to start another. The camera doesn't lie, that is for sure. Once I scanned the bookmark, I could clearly see that huge gap on the left side, and all my mutated spiders. I think I will have to try this one again, but not right away. It's been awhile since I did any bobbin lace, and I have to refresh my basic skills.

I used #12 perle cotton, and it feels almost too fragile to me. I have some Bockens linen 40/2 left from my lessons, and I'm going to use that for my next bookmark. I told my DH this morning, life is too short to hoard the good stuff. I'm going to use my good thread, and buy more when I run out.

I will probably give this to my friend who makes the stamped cards. I think she could find a good home for it, and it will fit nicely inside her cards. The bookmark's finished size is 4.5 x 1.5 in. (11 x 3.5 cm) without the tails. Maybe the tails should be trimmed a bit, but I'll let her decide.

2 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, July 01, 2006, Blogger Wendy said...

The marker is beautiful! I'd still be untangling the bobbins (LOL)!

 
At 11:42 AM, July 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. You've probably already considered this, but if the bookmark feels "fragile" then why not starch it a bit? Just a thought from a doily crocheter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters