Sunday, June 18, 2006

Normally I smash spiders, but I'll leave these alone


I've started another bookmark, this time in #12 perle cotton. So far the bobbins stay wound better, there's not as much unwinding, plus the threads are not untwisting. I've finished 4 four pair simple spiders, and 1 six pair simple spider. I finished up the little triangle and am ready to start the next 6 pair spider. I don't work on this for long stretches of time. I'll work until I reach a logical stopping point, then do something else for a bit. I come back and check my work carefully before I advance. I remember being frustrated because I would make a mistake and not find it until much later. I've found 2 or 3 mistakes in the little bit I've done, but I've been able to correct them without taking out inches and inches of lace. Old dogs can learn new tricks!

2 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, June 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOh, bobbin lace. I first saw this at an event here in Florida called "Cracker Christmas". The ladies sat on a porch of a restored cracker ranch house in priod dress and were throwing the bobbins so fast my eyes twirled. I stood in awe. It looks like your are doing beautiful work.

 
At 8:11 AM, June 23, 2006, Blogger tatt3r said...

Thanks, Patti. Believe me, I am not fast enough to make your eyes twirl. I am more like the tortoise than the hare, but I am determined to get it right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters