Sampler M - first part
The first section of Sampler M was posted Saturday, and I finished my version last night. I am knitting with #10 crochet cotton from my stash, the band is gone so I don't know the exact brand. My first attempt was knitted with #2s, and it was very loose. I knitted this sample with #1s, and could probably go down another size, but I am tired of ripping, so it will stay as it is.
I made my own chart for an 'L', and it didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. I ripped that back a couple of times, too. As I finally got an 'L' that looked recognizable, I realized that my letter was not centered correctly. I'm not reknitting again, it will have to be crooked. I'll do better on Section 2, I hope. I've known how to knit for at least 40 years, and it's humbling to think this little Dutch girl did such a nice sampler, and I'm struggling to get something I can be proud of. First round goes to Little Girl M, I'll be back for round two!