Sunday, July 02, 2006

Sampler M - first part


The first section of Sampler M was posted Saturday, and I finished my version last night. I am knitting with #10 crochet cotton from my stash, the band is gone so I don't know the exact brand. My first attempt was knitted with #2s, and it was very loose. I knitted this sample with #1s, and could probably go down another size, but I am tired of ripping, so it will stay as it is.

I made my own chart for an 'L', and it didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. I ripped that back a couple of times, too. As I finally got an 'L' that looked recognizable, I realized that my letter was not centered correctly. I'm not reknitting again, it will have to be crooked. I'll do better on Section 2, I hope. I've known how to knit for at least 40 years, and it's humbling to think this little Dutch girl did such a nice sampler, and I'm struggling to get something I can be proud of. First round goes to Little Girl M, I'll be back for round two!

4 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, July 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing the first part. Looking good :) I already decided on mine that I will let my mistakes stand and treat the whole thing as a learning exercise so I'm impressed that you frogged it even the once. Nicki

 
At 12:39 PM, July 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done! I look forward to seeing your progress. I'm using a wool/silk blend for mine.

 
At 2:31 PM, July 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is gorgeous! And so funny to see the pattern with another letter in it knitted by another knitter somewhere on the world. If you want to join the Sampler M Knitalong too, you are welcome!

Carla M (list mom of Sampler M)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KnitalongSamplerM

 
At 11:36 PM, July 04, 2006, Blogger Karen said...

Yours looks great! I haven't started mine yet. I don't know that I want to attempt a K, maybe I can find some charting online somewhere. And of course, I have no idea what I'll knit this in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters