Sunday, July 02, 2006

Sampler M - first part


The first section of Sampler M was posted Saturday, and I finished my version last night. I am knitting with #10 crochet cotton from my stash, the band is gone so I don't know the exact brand. My first attempt was knitted with #2s, and it was very loose. I knitted this sample with #1s, and could probably go down another size, but I am tired of ripping, so it will stay as it is.

I made my own chart for an 'L', and it didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. I ripped that back a couple of times, too. As I finally got an 'L' that looked recognizable, I realized that my letter was not centered correctly. I'm not reknitting again, it will have to be crooked. I'll do better on Section 2, I hope. I've known how to knit for at least 40 years, and it's humbling to think this little Dutch girl did such a nice sampler, and I'm struggling to get something I can be proud of. First round goes to Little Girl M, I'll be back for round two!

4 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, July 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing the first part. Looking good :) I already decided on mine that I will let my mistakes stand and treat the whole thing as a learning exercise so I'm impressed that you frogged it even the once. Nicki

 
At 12:39 PM, July 02, 2006, Anonymous Denise said...

Well done! I look forward to seeing your progress. I'm using a wool/silk blend for mine.

 
At 2:31 PM, July 02, 2006, Anonymous Carla M said...

It is gorgeous! And so funny to see the pattern with another letter in it knitted by another knitter somewhere on the world. If you want to join the Sampler M Knitalong too, you are welcome!

Carla M (list mom of Sampler M)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KnitalongSamplerM

 
At 11:36 PM, July 04, 2006, Blogger Karen said...

Yours looks great! I haven't started mine yet. I don't know that I want to attempt a K, maybe I can find some charting online somewhere. And of course, I have no idea what I'll knit this in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters