Wednesday, August 16, 2006

5 Hour Baby Sweater - Help

I am trying to show some detail of the pattern stitch on the 5 hour baby sweater. I have knitted some stockinette rows, then per the pattern knitted 2 together across the row. Now I am on the purl side, and my directions say to knit 1 stitch, insert needle under next horizontal loop of row below (between sts) and knit this stitch. Repeat across.

You can see the k2tog on the previous row leaves a bit of a gap. I have already knitted the first stitch, picked up and knitted the loop in the row below and knitted the next stitch. Just to give you a point of reference. I have the knitting stretched a bit, and you can clearly see the loop that goes from one needle to the other. This is the loop you need to knit up.



Here you can see I've put my needle through the loop, and am ready to wrap the yarn around my needle and pull it through.





The stitch is knitted and now I'm ready to knit the next regular stitch on my left hand needle.

I would suggest you keep your knitting relaxed on the row where you knit 2 together. This will give you a loop that you can easily identify and pull the yarn through.

It's really not that hard once you give it a try. Hope this helps!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters