Thursday, October 25, 2007

Baby Surprise Jacket - Day 4


After I shaped the neck, I continued increasing for another 6 ridges until I had 104 sts in my center section. Next I knit 10 ridges (20 rows) only on the center section. My center section had 104+2+2 = 108 sts. (two from each side of the increase sts.)

I found some helpful notes on a Wiki. Here is how it suggested you handle this next section. When you are ready to knit on the center section, work one more row, the wrong side row, all the way to the end. Break the yarn and and rejoin on the right side at the first marked stitch. I used a circular needle, and slipped those sts pwise, rejoined the yarn, and knit 10 ridges on the center section, ending on a wrong side row.

Tonight I will break the yarn, rejoin to the very beginning of the row, and when I get to the gap, I'll pick up 10 stitches along the center panel, knit the center sts, pick up another 10 sts and then work the final sts.



This makes your picked up stitches look the same. The other way you pick up stitches on the wrong side, then the right side, and the ridges just don't look right. This is much better.

Finally, here is a picture of the sweater all folded. After I pick up my stitches, I will only have 3 ridges, buttonholes, 3 ridges.

I'm getting low on yarn, I may have enough for little socks. If I try to make a hat, I will probably have to knit a contrasting brim in a solid color.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, October 25, 2007, Blogger Alwen said...

I love the magic way it folds into a sweater!

 
At 9:34 AM, October 27, 2007, Blogger Leahtk said...

It looks great and I love the colors. You are knitting so fast, it takes me days just to do a few rows...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters