Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Baby Bibs and Sleep Sack



We visited Diametrag this weekend, and I finished the sleep sack and made 2 bibs from worsted weight kitchen cotton.

The square bib is Simple Baby Bib, a pattern from the Knitlist. Of course, I couldn't do the same thing twice, so I made another bib with a double decrease in the center. It makes an attractive v-shape that also makes a neckline at the top. It looks a bit narrow and I would cast on more stitches next time.

I used 2 50 gr. skeins of cotton sock yarn for the sleep sack, and it's barely big enough for a newborn. If I were to do it again, I would buy 3 balls and make it longer. I have enough knitting, sewing and lace projects lined up, so I won't start another sleep sack.

Here's the details on the bib I knitted: Kitchen Cotton, worsted weight, #6 needles.
Cast on 31 sts. Knit 4 rows.
Row 1. K 2, inc (k front and back next st), k 11, slip 1, k 2 tog, psso, k 11, inc (k front and back of the next st), k 2.
Row 2. k3, *p* k3.
Repeat Rows 1 & 2 until desired length (5 - 6" for 3 mos.)
Knit 2 rows plain, bind off all but 5 stiches, follow the directions for the strap with buttonholes in the Simple Baby Bib.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters