Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Baby Surprise Jacket - Part Two


Last night I reached the 'center' of the sweater, where EZ says to stop decreasing, knit 3 rows even and then start to increase at the same points. On her pattern, this is 90 sts and 22 ridges. Since mine is bigger, I have 108 sts and 27 ridges.

At this point, I am at the underarms of the sweater, and will begin increasing for the body and fronts.


Here I've folded the sweater as it will be sewn. This is the front, the live sts will form the fronts and back of the sweater. The cast on stitches will be grafted to form seams, which are on the top of the sleeves. As I increase, the decorative increase will come diagonally down the front of the sweater. The side fronts will march to the center and eventually meet with a band of buttonholes. I've included the ruler so you can see the BSJ will have an 18" chest, as planned. I'm not sure if 18" is 1 year size or not. Maybe I'll have to knit another with a 16" chest. I will wait and see if Bean has lots of little newborn sweaters, and fill in the gaps.

Here's the back with the diagonal line formed by the increases.

The stripes are formed by the self-striping yarn. I can't control where the colors change, so some colors change on the wrong side. If I were making my own stripes with multiple balls of yarn, the stripes would all be neat and even, like the sleeve on the right.

I weighed my skein of yarn, and have almost 68 grams left. Looks like I'll be able to get a hat, hood or sox out of the leftovers. Diametrag, do you want Bean to have little sox for his feet? Remember when I knitted about 45 pairs of these?

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, October 18, 2007, Blogger Leahtk said...

Wow, I love the colors!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters