Monday, February 06, 2006


This weekend I knit the gussets and turned the heels on my Orange Opal Sox. I used Sockulator V which is a toe-up sock with gussets and heel flaps. I did the gussets with the L1b and L1A increases. They worked very well, I haven't been able to do those increases correctly until I read this great article.
I have been using Roman Rib Stitch Toe-up Sock Pattern which has a similar construction. The Sockulator uses 'wrap and turn' for the short rows, plus adds extra stitches to the heel while turning. The Roman Rib picked up the extra stitches after the heel turn, which occasionally gave me tiny gaps in my socks, especially the fingering weight socks.
Another new technique in my quest for the perfect sock! I will make the additions to my 'Master Pattern'.
I need to finish my second pair of baby socks, then I'll start another Opal sock for charity. I will probably send them out when the third pair is done. After I finish my socks, I think I will start another pair for my son's birthday. He is wearing the two pairs I knitted earlier, and hasn't lost them, either. I think I will try to keep the OTN count to two. One for charity, one for personal or family. A third pair seems to be too distracting.

1 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, February 09, 2006, Blogger Diametrag said...

Dave picked some nice yarn. You are going to have some pretty socks there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters