Tuesday, January 31, 2006


I finished another Moebius scarf this past weekend. I discovered a ball of Regia Cotton Surf in my stash, and fell in love with the pale, subtle colors. The light isn't good in my picture, it is actually pale blue and shades of ecru. I swatched and swatched, and finally decided on a pattern I liked. I wanted this scarf to look good vertically, and chose Diagonal Ribbing for the reversible quality. I alternated with a simple yo, k2tog pattern for a lacey effect, and changed from left slant to right slant on the Diagonal pattern.

This scarf is much softer than the previous Moebius; I used a size 3 needle this time. I cast on 264 stitches, and knitted 38 rounds, using up all but 10 yards. Finished size is about 6 1/2" x 50" before washing. I am very happy with the way the lace and diagonal ribs look together, and am thinking of trying to knit the next Moebis with my stash of angora yarn from Jane.


Here's another picture, showing a close up of the pattern.

1 Comments:

At 1:05 AM, February 01, 2006, Blogger acp said...

how delicate and how very beautiful--great job.

Did you know there is another knitter from SW Michigan in blogspot?

http://stitchesofviolet.blogspot.com/

I wish I could knit something a tenth as pretty as what you have done. Keep posting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters