Monday, May 08, 2006

Baby Hats and Lace Group Meeting


Three hats to the LYS on Saturday. I especially like the one on the left. The pattern isn't new (3x1 rib), but I like the soft variegated yarn. It is Cascade, Cherub Collection Kaleidoscope D.K. There is no colorname on the band, only 1324. I love how pale the colors are, and will be sure to pick up another ball when this one is gone. The hat on the right(seeded rib) has the cuff in the other variegated yarn in that line (1323), but the yellow makes it a little brighter.

Nothing new here, same patterns. I am trying a new stitch on the baby hat currently OTN. I am using Waving Rib Pattern, December 30 from the 365 Knitting Stitch Calendar. This is very similar to the Ladder Stitch I used previously, but is a multiple of 6. The Ladder Stitch looked like a rib, but laid flat. The Waving Rib is more rib-like in appearance, I'm very happy with this one. Here's the Waving Rib Pattern, converted to the round:

Waving Rib Pattern, m6 Rnds 1 - 4: *k4, p2* Rnds 5 - 8: k1 *p2, k4* end k3.

This evening the West Michigan Lace Group has a special meeting. Kathy Kirchner is coming to town with her trunk show, and I'm looking forward to browsing books, bobbins, thread, and more lace related items than you can imagine.

1 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, November 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is why I love the internet. I was trying to puzzle out how to convert Waving Rib into the round. After some work on a spreadsheet, I googled "waving rib round chart" and got the conversion that you already worked out. Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters