Monday, August 21, 2006

SamplerM - Part 8

I finished the 8th pattern for SamplerM while at the knitting social. The owner of the LYS is knitting the sampler, too. We had a nice time comparing samplers and we agreed the SamplerM Yahoo Group is an incredible opportunity to learn lace knitting from the beginning. She is going to use her sampler as a scarf and intends to crochet around the outside edge. I don't know what I'll do with mine. I may pick the patterns I like best and make a scarf with lace weight wool.

I did as Carla suggested and changed the first SKP to K2tog. I'm happy with the way it looks and appreciate Carla's suggestion. Clivia is a beautiful pattern, and I wonder how it would look on a baby hat done in 4 ply. I don't know if it would be as stretchy as the other hats I've knitted, but maybe that wouldn't be a problem.

5 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, August 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks wonderful, compliments on the knitting!

Carla M

 
At 8:41 PM, August 21, 2006, Blogger Alwen said...

Such a nice photo! Mine is so blurry, *sigh*. I think I did the opposite, starting with SSK and finishing with a k2tog, so I get vertical lines edging the 2-stitch garter strip.

 
At 7:08 AM, August 22, 2006, Blogger soapy said...

looks great!

 
At 11:58 AM, August 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice photo! Wonderful pattern!

 
At 12:27 PM, August 22, 2006, Blogger Karen said...

I'm going to have to start clicking the refresh button, I'm behind about 3 posts here. I love the pink hat, that is sooo cute. Your sampler is looking so nice (still haven't started mine, must work on that).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters