Saturday, February 11, 2006

Another Pair of Baby Socks!


I have just finished the 5th pair of baby socks, and am finally happy with my pattern. I am casting on 36 sts, size 1s, Opal sock yarn, and keeping to a k2p1 rib down the instep. I shortened the cuff just a bit, but the foot is still about 4" long.
Notice anything different about this pair? Well, they match! Using my ball winder and my trusty kitchen scales, I divided the skein into two 50 gram balls, snipped the yarn at the right spot in the pattern, and knit one sockie from each ball.
That's one thing I really like about the Opal yarn. If I watch my scale, the pattern repeats at 50 grams every time. I end with one ball about 49 grams, and the other ball 51 grams, but that's close enough for me.
Now I have enough left in this skein to make a nice pair of kid sized socks for charity, or I can continue on with baby socks for the Opal Longest Line Contest.
I see a trip to Marshall in the near future, I'll take my orange Opals along for the car ride. I'd like to get them finished so I can start another pair for my son.

2 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, February 14, 2006, Blogger Alwen said...

Aww, those are cute little socks, and I love the colors, too! Missed you at the meeting last night.

 
At 12:38 PM, March 01, 2006, Blogger tatt3r said...

The wrapper says Farbe 3, Partie 128. This is part of the yarn that was given to me to knit socks for charity, it might be discontinued. HTH.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters