Thursday, May 11, 2006

Put your hat on, that wind is chilly!


It's time for this week's line up of baby hats! The pink and white is my adaptation of the Odessa hat by Grumperina, and the other two are done in Waving Rib Pattern, (12/30, 365 Knitting Stitches a Year).
Waving Rib is almost identical to Ladder Stitch, except Waving Rib is a multiple of 6 and Ladder Stitch is a multiple of 8. The hat done in Ladder Stitch was pretty, but there was no hint of the horizontal stretch I associate with a rib stitch. Waving Rib has the stretch I was looking for, and I'll be sure to use it again.

I continue to study lace knitting. I've done a quick read of most of 'Heirloom Knitting', now I'll settle in for a second time. I'm still trying to decide what kind of shawl I want to knit. To complicate matters further, I picked up Martha Waterman's 'Traditional Knitted Lace Shawls' from the library. I especially enjoyed her chapter about Shaping Shawls. I was pleased to see she included EZ's Pi shaping, but I wonder why she didn't include Faroese shaping in her discussion of triangle shawls. I'll read that chapter again, and see if I missed it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters