2 More Baby Hats
I have 3 baby hats to take to the LYS tomorrow, I think the eyelet ribs make them so fancy. The pink one is the openwork rib stitch used in "Knitting Vintage Socks" on page 45. The blue hat is knitted with the rib pattern found in Links of Lace Woolease Socks on Woolworks.org.
Both hats passed the grumpy husband test (Would you put this on your baby?) so I wrote them out and posted the patterns on my website. It's a freebie site from Geocities, and this morning I realized I've been using too much bandwidth. I changed my knit menu, eliminated all the pictures, and hope that takes care of the problem.
I am looking at more sock patterns with baby hats in mind, and am finding many new rib stitches I can try. Sock rib stitches all have a bit of stretchiness, which will let the hats fit a wide range of babies. Another big plus is the stitches are already written for knitting in the round, my preferred method for hats. No more converting flat to round, no more little charts of Xs and Os.
I also finished my 4th pair of socks for the Box O'Sox challenge. I tried the Russian Bind off found on Heels and Toes and More..., but have to say I am disappointed with the results. The bound off edge is flaring out, and too loose for my taste. I may take them out and re-do them, but not right now. I have already started my 5th pair, only just starting the increases on my toes.