Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Progress on the Box O'Sox


I'm almost ready to start the gussets on my latest pair of kid-sized socks.
In theory, 2 sox on 2 circs is wonderful. In practice, it removes the soothing part of sock knitting and replaces it with twisting, turning needles and yarn.
I'm not giving up. I'm determined to make this work. The first time I used 2 sox/2circs I knitted past the heels, and finished the cuffs together. This was actually a good introduction to the method. The next pair I started the toes on dpns, transferred both toes to the needles and worked my way from there. This was okay, although I stressed for days over turning the heels. When I finally did them, I was amazed at how easy they were.
For this pair, I started each toe on one circ, split them up and bravely knitted on. I must be getting better at it. I've only grabbed the wrong needle once. Well, twice if you count how I got my 2nd toe on the needle backwards. Don't ask, I don't know how that happened.
I prefer my dpns for soothing sock knitting, but I can't abide the thought that the second sock might differ from the first sock. Even one round difference drives me crazy. I mark each round on a little post-it note, lines and lines of little tally marks marching across the pages.
My Pi Doily is waiting for Clue 5, the edging. I'm skipping Clue 4 and calling it done.
I've also started my Lucy Bag. I did the increases, and am in the relaxing knitting of 100 rounds. I'm keeping it on the 10" dpns. They hold 30 sts each with no problems.
Last night I finished a baby hat for the hospital, the first one this week. Whew, lots of knitting in my basket this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters