Thursday, September 28, 2006

Fall Wrister Frenzy Continues


Three wristers doesn't constitute much of a frenzy, does it? I got sidetracked by a little bit of real life, and finished the first of many wristers intended for my sons. My only drama was when I couldn't find the yarn needle to darn in my ends. I searched the living room carpet, inside my sofa and chairs (yuck) before I finally found it sitting on the end table, right where I left it. I had neglected to leave a strand of yarn through it, and overlooked it the first time through.

I posed my wrister next to the guy's wrister so you could see how much I upsized the pattern. My son's hand measures 5 1/2" from the wristbone to the middle of his index finger, as does this wrister. The cuff is 3 1/2" long, and I also added 2 stitches to the thumb gusset. That gave me 26 sts for the thumb, and I had to do k1p1 rib, rather than the k2p2 I did on mine.

I used Opal Magic 1234, and the first wrister weighs in at 18 grams. I had hoped to get 3 pairs of wristers from one ball of sock yarn, this may be closer than I had intended.

Here's the alterations I made to the Wrister pattern on Soxie's page. Cast on 56 sts, and k2p2 rib for 35 rounds (3.5"). k3p1 rib for 10 rounds, then increase the thumb gusset to 21 sts, keeping the thumb in stockinette, and the palm in k3p1 rib. Move 21 thumb stitches to waste yarn, and cast on 3 stitches over the gap. Continue in k3p1 rib 10 rounds, change to k2p2 rib 15 rounds. Put the thumb stitches on the needles, pick up 5 over the gap, 26 sts on the needles. Knit stockinette stitch for 2 rounds, then 10 rounds k1p1 rib, bind off. Finish ends.

2 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, September 30, 2006, Blogger Suzann said...

They look so warm and cool. I love your lace. Very pretty. And I love how you worked the lace pattern into a hat

 
At 6:10 PM, November 06, 2006, Blogger Deby said...

I guess if I would have read further, I would have found your pattern!
I love these beauties! Thanks for the pattern, its so nice of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters