I finally found an advantage to having small feet. I made a matching pair of wristers from the leftovers of my turquoise socks! I have made many wristers from Joan Hamer's Wristers pattern but it is written for worsted weight yarn. I found a pattern for wristers on Soxie's page written for sock yarn and knitted a pair this weekend.
I used #2 dpns and for the most part, followed the pattern. I made an intentional change to the thumb gusset. I prefer to increase by knitting in the front and back of the stitch, rather than picking up from below. I made an unintentional change when I knit the top ribbing, and knitted 16 rounds of k2p2 rib instead of 8. That's okay, the gloves cover the first knuckle of my first finger and will be much warmer. This pattern has a warm thumb, too. You put the stitches on a holder and knit more rounds, ending in k2p2 rib which hugs my thumb nicely.
All my kids like wristers, and my next task is to enlarge the pattern to fit the guys. I may make the palm of the hand in k3p1 ribbing, it won't conflict with the patterned yarn, and add a bit of stretch. I measured my son's hand earlier, telling him my son-in-law needed new gloves. I'm not so tricksy, I'm sure I didn't fool him. But I'm sure he doesn't check my blog, unlike my daughter. Diametrag, I started your birthday socks last night, but you won't see any pictures here! (love you, kiddo)