Sunday, September 17, 2006

Vacation Knitting - Lake Huron Socks


I consider our vacation a success in spite of cold, rainy weather. Fortified with chocolate chip cookies and paperback novels, we stayed dry and comfortable in the screened tent during the day. We had a little electric heater to keep the chill out of the camper at night and we were glad for our sleeping bags. The campground was almost deserted, with no smoky campfires, no loud children; it was as close to heaven as we could get!

I spent a lot of my time knitting, and finished a pair of socks for myself. I knit them toe-up with Opal yarn, Magic 1051, size #0 dpns, and k3p2 ribbing. The socks are wonderful shades of turquoise, the same colors of Lake Huron the day we arrived. The black and white bands remind me of white caps on the surf, and I will always think of them as my Lake Huron Socks.

I'm starting my annual frenzy of Christmas knitting, I plan to knit at least 2 more pairs of socks, a hat and at least 3 pairs of fingerless gloves. Some items will be bloggable, but with Diametrag checking in periodically, I'd better hold off on detailing her gifts until she actually opens the package. I'll just show my knitting for the men in my life!

4 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, September 17, 2006, Blogger Leahtk said...

Haha, you know me too well. :)
Very Nice colors on your socks, by the way.

 
At 11:42 AM, September 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I camped there with my parents when we were kids! Beautiful beach shots. I wondered if you were getting rained on up north.

 
At 11:44 AM, September 18, 2006, Blogger Karen said...

I have a ball of that color too. Can't wait to knit it.

 
At 9:49 PM, September 20, 2006, Blogger soapy said...

Nice color socks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters