Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Lacy Pi Shawl


My Pi shawl continues to grow. I have started on my third skein of yarn, I'm holding the 4th skein for a knit-on edging. I started my second skein of yarn just after I doubled for the 576 stitch section. I got 40 rounds from that skein, so I have 'only' 40 rounds to go before I start the edging.


Pi shawls are tricky to photograph when they get this big. In a normal, relaxed state on the circular needles, the shawl looks like a soft, crumpled bag. I grabbed my navy blue shawl and stuffed it inside the Pi shawl for this picture. It looks like a puffy pillow instead of a shawl, but the navy blue lets you see the patterns very nicely.

The pattern for my final section is a variation of Old Shell. I must be the only knitter on the planet who doesn't like Feather and Fan, and I chose Old Shell reluctantly. The variation I'm using is a 6 round repeat, and a multiple of 20. The extra rounds between the increases, combined with the extra stitches will hopefully lessen the waviness of the pattern.

So far it looks good to me, and I don't plan to rip it. I want this yarn to be knitted into a shawl, I don't want it to linger in my stash. I have tried 2 different Pi shawls and frogged them, I know the yarn is dangerously close to being banished to the dark corners of my stash.

2 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, December 10, 2006, Blogger Norma said...

I love your shawl. I want one just like it. Would you be willing to share your design?
Norma

 
At 10:56 PM, December 10, 2006, Blogger tatt3r said...

I'm so flattered! Yes, I'll post some charts of the patterns I selected. Thanks, Norma!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters