Thursday, October 12, 2006

Wristers in the Snow


Ohmygosh! First snow of the season, my sons are braving the elements with bare hands, and I'm one wrister short of two pairs! I hate to see anyone with cold hands, head or feet, and I want to give the finished pair to my son. He may stop in today, and I know he lost his wristers from last year. How can I make him suffer until Christmas? But should I reward him for losing the wristers by giving him new ones? I'll make him wait for now, the snow is only sticking on the grass and tree leaves. It will be warm again next week.

I will easily get two pairs of wristers out of one 100 gr. skein of Opal yarn. I will certainly get a 5th wrister from my leftovers, and maybe another. If I made the wristers the original size of the pattern, I think I could get 3 pairs from one skein. If I end with an odd wrister, it will go to the son who loses everything.

I found another wrister pattern here: Dawn Adcock's Fingerless Mittens. I've made these before, and I like the Twin Rib and the different options for thumbs.

I turned the heels on the mystery pair of birthday socks for my daughter. Now I'm in the clear, 60 or 70 rounds on each cuff and I'll be ready to bind off. The socks are in a k2p2 rib, and I think they will fit nicely.

4 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, October 12, 2006, Blogger Karen said...

You'll have to add some i-cord strings to his wristers so he doesn't lose anymore. LOL! They look great and very warm.

 
At 9:10 AM, October 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There you go -- add strings to a pair and I'll bet he'll be embarrassed to lose them. (Or at least to admit it!) Which yarn is that? I like it!

 
At 9:16 AM, October 13, 2006, Blogger tatt3r said...

He would have a good laugh about the I-cord, and probably wear them!
The yarn is Opal Dreamcatcher (Traumfanger) #1234. You can see all the Opal Dream Catcher colors here: http://www.ptyarn.com/dreamcatcher.html

Prices on Opal yarn have skyrocketed, and once my stash is gone, I'll probably have to find a new sock yarn. sigh.

 
At 6:06 PM, November 06, 2006, Blogger Deby said...

Your wristers are great. Did you make up the pattern? When you use sock yarn, how many did you cast on. I used a heavier sock yarn and cast on 48.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters