Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tip Toe in the Grass


At last! The 'birthday socks that must not be seen' are done and I've moved on to another pair of socks. The yarn looks a bit familiar, doesn't it. It's the same Opal Dreamcatcher (#1234) that I used for the guys' wristers. I am sure I will be sick of gray by the time I'm finished, but I think the finished socks will be worn and appreciated.

I'm knitting with #0 dpns, 80 stitches. I started with a rectangle toe, and when my increases were done I put k2p2 rib on the instep. My son has long and narrow feet. He measures 10" around and 11" long. I plan to switch to 00 dpns for about 2" when I finish the heel flaps. He said his first pair of socks was too loose through the ankles. I have knitted at least 6 pairs of socks using 2 socks/2 circs during the past year, and picked up my dpns for my Christmas knitting. What a difference! I may never try the 2 circs again. I never got used to that method, and I think I was avoiding knitting socks because I felt I had to make the 2 circs work.

2 Comments:

At 7:41 AM, October 24, 2006, Blogger tatt3r said...

My husband resists all of my knitwear, except one pair of slippers and a hat he wears when he is using the snowblower. I am surprised at how strongly I prefer the dpns. It is so relaxing and soothing, I will probably never use those 2 circs for socks again.

 
At 12:32 PM, October 24, 2006, Blogger Karen said...

I've never tried toe up, don't know if I want to. It seems so backwards to me since I learned cuff down. And I just can't visualize doing the heel and all. I did try the 2 circs once and hated the needles dangling down and how loose my knitting was. I will stick with my bamboo dpn's too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters