Monday, December 25, 2006

tatt3r's Christmas Loot


My family supports my knitting/lacing habit, and gave me such wonderful treasures!
Diametrag found a bobbin lace book at a second hand store. All the prickings are intact and I'm looking forward to the challenge of working these patterns.
D, my son, bought me 2 skeins of Opal sock yarn. As you can see, I've divided one ball and started the first pair. He gave me Opal, Brazil #5003 and Dream Catcher #1230. I love the colors, D.
I gave J a hint to buy Sensational Knitted Socks by C. Schurch. I had it on loan from the library, and decided it would be useful to have for myself. He bought it on Amazon, and followed the link to Victorian Lace Today. He liked what he saw and added it to his cart. I was totally surprised when I opened the package, I wasn't expecting that at all. I had followed the discussion on the Lace List, but wasn't going to buy it just yet.
I also am sneaking in another update on my KISS Pi shawl. I am almost done with the 3rd skein of yarn, and am working on the 3rd or 4th test of a knit on edging. I haven't measured the yardage from 2 repeats yet, I haven't settled on the final version.
Thank you, family! I will be busy for many hours in the New Year!

1 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, December 26, 2006, Blogger Norma said...

Looks like a really fun Christmas.

I can't wait to see which border you decide on

Norma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters