Thursday, June 28, 2007

My Socks are Done!


I have too many projects on the needles. Before I started more projects, I finished the socks I started after Christmas, and two dishcloths.

The socks are Opal yarn, it's been so long I don't remember the color name. I used a new-to-me toe up sock from Sensational Knitted Socks by C. Schurch. I thought the seam along the ankle bone might be uncomfortable, but when I tried them on last night, they were great! I'll wear them in shoes today and see how they feel.

I don't usually blog my dishcloths, they aren't very creative or exciting. When we go camping, I take several balls of kitchen cotton, and knit while we travel. I use my dishcloths every day and I need to replace them after a year. The cotton never wears out, they just look dirty even after washing. I usually use Sugar and Cream by Lilly because I like the ombre colors. Since they fade so quickly, I decided to try ecru kitchen cotton by Lion Brand. I plan to use and wash each cloth once/week and see which one turns yucky first. The cloths are similar but different, and I should be able to tell them apart even after the colors fade from the Sugar and Cream cloth. Just for reference, I cast on 32 sts with #6 needles. 16 rows for each of 3 sections. I used double moss stitch and box stitch.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters