Sunday, April 08, 2007

Turkey in the Driveway?

When J was walking the dog this morning, he saw these tracks in our driveway. We looked in our bird book and think they are turkey tracks. Okay, Alwen, you are my resident nature expert. What's your opinion?

Too bad we missed seeing him, we could have had a fresh turkey for dinner. Not. I'm not a vegetarian, but I would give up meat if I had to kill and clean it myself.


I threw my 6" ruler on the ground for perspective. I think it's pretty neat to get a bird of this size in the city.

Knitting content has been pretty lean these days. The dog still grabs my yarn when I try to knit, but will ignore the bobbin lace pillow and stand. I've been sewing some totes and cases for my bobbin lace projects, and am working on a pincushion today.

I do have a knitting project on the needles, but won't show any pictures just yet. Top secret, ya know.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, April 08, 2007, Blogger Alwen said...

That's pretty cool! Fits right into the turkey stride length and everything!

Sure, http://www.birdsource.org/ shows 4 checklists in GR with wild turkeys in 2006 and a total of 29 turkeys spotted.

It's under GBBC (Great Backyard Bird Count) / "Explore the Results" / "Detailed Reports" / "A Particular Species" / "wild turkey".

Then I clicked on "Towns in _ _ _" (Michigan). It sorts by town if you click on "Town".

 
At 9:14 PM, April 08, 2007, Blogger tatt3r said...

Thanks! I knew you would be able to help me out. We were lucky to see those tracks. The snow was gone shortly after I took those pictures. I wish I could have seen it walking down my driveway.

 
At 11:05 AM, July 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had one (male) in our back yard this summer. I live on Long Island...he was huge and looked prehistoric...UGLY. Looked tough too, now way would I try to eat him!

Karen
KskiH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters