Thursday, April 26, 2007

I Won! I Won!


Look what I won from The Knitting Hutch! I signed up for Jackie's email newsletter, and I am the amazed winner of the Spring 2007 Drawing. This wonderful skein of Sea Silk yarn arrived at my house yesterday.
Those who know me are probably astonished that I chose this color. I almost opted for the Straw, but since my Pi Shawl is tan, I decided to go for something darker.
I think I can get a rectangular lace scarf/shawl out of the 437 yards in this skein. I plan to use larger needles and keep it narrow, about 10 - 12 inches wide. I've been looking through "Victorian Lace Today", and like the scarf on p. 90, but that is not my final decision. I have 2 books with shawl patterns coming from the library; this is only time I enjoy 'window shopping'.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, May 06, 2007, Blogger Kristina Plaas said...

Congrats!!!! I'm so happy that someone I know won the SeaSilk Yarn! Well, I mean if I wasn't the lucky winner, I want one of my tatting/knitting friends to win (wink, wink) I can't wait to see what your knit with it
{{{hugs}}}
Kristina

 
At 12:36 PM, May 11, 2007, Blogger Karen said...

Congrats on the win! That's a beautiful color.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters