Friday, February 09, 2007

SamplerM is done!


February has been a pretty good month for knitting. I have two finished projects now. SamplerM is done - 28 lace patterns! I haven't bound off because I am considering sampling more lace, garter patterns this time. I am using #10 crochet cotton, so it might not be a true reflection of what I would get in a lace-weight shawl. If I need my needles, I'll bind off then. For now, I'm content to let it sit awhile.
I'm always surprised when people ask me 'What will you do with the Sampler?' I will probably put the patterns and sampler in a drawer or a box. I knitted the sampler to expand my knitting skills, not to create a tangible knitted object. I will probably refer to it for inspiration when I am trying to select a knitted lace pattern for a shawl or other lacy project.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:47 PM, February 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your knitting is so beautifully done. I believe I'd frame the Sampler M so I could enjoy it everyday as a piece of art.

 
At 4:20 AM, February 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea this is to improve your knitting skills and learn new stitches and patterns - I absolutely love the different ones in this sampler! And, as kerrylinnet said, you should really frame it and thus enjoy it for a long time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters