Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Baby Surprise Jacket - Day 5


It's not really Day 5, you know I'm not *that* fast. According to my notes, I started the BSJ on October 14th. I've worked on some other projects in between, and one day I even cleaned house instead of knitting!

At one point I thought I would have enough left from a 100 gram skein of sock yarn to make a matching hat or booties. I even dreamed about making this a cool hooded sweater. I ended with less than 10 grams, just enough to sew some seams and put on the buttons. I might eke out a collar, if Diametrag says it's necessary.

I did almost meet my estimated size. I wanted to make an 18" chest, and it is actually 18.5". My swatches are never big enough to get an accurate measurement, but Bean won't care.
Here it is, all folded and ready to seam up. The buttonholes are tiny, I'll have to look carefully to get the right size buttons. I will probably leave the seams till later. I thought we could use the sweater as a game at Diametrag's baby shower. First, see who can guess what this knitted item is, and then see who can fold it into a sweater. The BSJ is a classic in the knitting world, but not so well known elsewhere.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, October 31, 2007, Blogger Karen said...

That is too cute. I think I have that colorway (but mine is going to be for socks). Great job!!

 
At 12:50 PM, November 03, 2007, Blogger Leahtk said...

I think it's fine without the collar. I love the colors! When we come up for Thanksgiving you will have to demonstrate the baby surprise concept to my husband. I've shown him a pic or two but I think he would have fun figuring it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters