Thursday, March 16, 2006

These boots are gonna walk all over you


I love the way this skein of Opal (Farbe 19, Partie 115) is working up. The colors are not conventional baby colors, but I wouldn't hesitate to put them on a baby of mine. I remember getting so tired of dressing my babies in pastels.

I'm knitting with size #1 dpns and casting on 36 sts. I like 3 rounds of stockinette stitch, it keeps the tops stretchy for chubby legs. Then k2p1 rib until I have 25 rounds from the beginning. Heel flap on 18 sts for 15 rows stockinette stitch. Turn the heel, pick up 8 sts along the gussets, and decrease every round until you are back to 36 sts. I continue the k2p1 rib on the instep, and after 15 rounds, I decrease down to 8 sts for the toe.

2 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, March 16, 2006, Blogger Lisathemom said...

I love these socks!! Want to make some for the babies I know! Thanks again for giving me the links for my slipper patterns. Hope you have a great week.
Lisathemom

 
At 10:06 AM, March 20, 2006, Blogger Alwen said...

I have to agree about getting tired of "baby colors". I went to a baby shower yesterday, and the nursery theme was lavendar. Whew, I'll be surprised if the mom isn't out buying orange and green and bright blue in a couple of months -- that was a LOT of lavendar! (Nope, I didn't make her any baby socks. ) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters