Wednesday, November 12, 2008

White Schlumbergera

My white Thanksgiving Cactus opened today. It's been in the cold spare bedroom and has a touch of delicate pink on the throat. The buds are creamy white, it's only when it opens you see the pink.
It may be White Christmas, but I lost the tag years ago. Back then I didn't appreciate that some plants were named. I bought it about the same time I got Christmas Fantasy and a yellow schlum. The yellow one died years ago, and I still have Christmas Fantasy, which is a wonderful peach-salmon color. That one is not doing so well, even though I repotted it this spring. I rooted 2 cuttings when I repotted, but no buds on that this year.
I'm not sure how old this plant is. It may be 20 years old; I think I remember moving it from Lansing to Grand Rapids. Last spring I lost the original plant; I rooted 6 or more cuttings so I have a backup again. I am better about backing up my plants than computer files.
I finished one sleeve on the 5HBS, about 1/2 on the second sleeve. I'll post a picture then.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:19 PM, November 12, 2008, Blogger Alwen said...

I always think they look kind of like a floral firework.

I wish I could have gotten to the meeting Monday, but I just couldn't face working until 1AM and getting the kid up for school the next morning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters