Thursday, January 01, 2009

Birthday Socks

I'm working on a pair of socks for a birthday on January 9. I probably won't give them to her on The Day, but I'd like to get them done pretty close.
Jake's gf has very cold feet, a birthday in January, and likes green. The yarn whispered her name as I looked through my sock yarn stash. I wasn't planning to knit a pair of socks, but now I am. Baby hats are on hold as I speed knit the socks. Fortunately she has skinny feet which aren't much longer than Diametrag's.
I started the socks Sunday night, but took a couple days off because I got a little cold. The socks are almost ready to start the gussets. The right sock, showing the instep, has 6 more rows to go, the left sock shows the sole, the stockinette side.
I'm making them in a plain k2p2 rib, Opal Chameleon. It was an impulse buy at my LYS, and I never liked it enough to start a pair for myself. Now I've gone through one color cycle, I like them a lot, and almost wish they were for me. I have sock yarn from last Christmas, thanks to Diametrag and Jake, and I think I will get started on pair for me when these are done. I can alternate between baby hats and socks, right?
Knitter's details: k2p2 rib, Opal Chameleon, #0 dpns, 68 sts, 50 rounds to the gussets. Toe up, 2 at a time on dpns, easy rectangle toe, heel flap and gussets. My gauge is 9 spi, 12 rpi.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, January 01, 2009, Blogger Leahtk said...

That sock yarn knits up really pretty. I think they will be a hit. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters