Thursday, November 13, 2008

5 Hour Baby Sweater for Bean

I finished the second sleeve yesterday, I need to pick up some buttons this morning. Bean is only 8 months old and this sweater looks huge to me. The chest is 22" and the sleeves and body are about 7". I'll see how it fits Thanksgiving Day. Maybe he'll be able to wear it to preschool.

I have another full skein and I plan to get matching hat and booties done before Thanksgiving. The weather has finally turned and Bean needs warm nose and toes!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, November 13, 2008, Blogger Becky Dempsey said...

The sweater turned out nice! I just measured Will (12 months) and his chest is 19.75" and his arms from the shoulders are 8.5" (So is from his shoulder to his tummy), so it seems like it should fit Bean now!

 
At 12:32 PM, November 13, 2008, Blogger tatt3r said...

Thanks for measuring Will, Becky. You've given me hope that Bean won't be swimming in the sweater. When I see him next, I'll be armed with a tape measure so I don't have to guess again!

 
At 3:56 AM, November 24, 2008, Blogger Shelly said...

Love the sweater. I think Becky is right, those baby things look big until you try them on, but they grow so fast it's amazing.

Have a happy thanksgiving.

Shelly (epiforums)
http://theyarntart.blogspot.com
www.scarvesfromtheheart.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters