Sunday, January 27, 2013

Frugal Knitting

My knitting is not so economical these days - it resides in the spectrum of "not wasteful." I have a granddaughter who needs bibs - I have three ready to be delivered to the little munch-kin. Then my thrifty knitter took over, and I used the leftovers to knit a dish cloth for myself. Three skeins, one per row, and I have to smile when I see the results. I didn't expect it to be so pretty, I just wanted useful. Three skeins are almost too fiddly, but pretty and useful? I decided it was worth the effort. In case you are interested, the bib pattern is adapted from Down Cloverlaine. I liked her short row shaping to begin the bib, but opted for a reversible knit/purl pattern. Her characters are very well done, but wouldn't be visible in the variegated yarn. Being a bit frugal with my time and my yarn, I opted for a knit pattern I could do from memory, rather than following a chart.

1 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, February 12, 2013, Blogger Alwen said...

Aw, they're cute!

Also, hi, you're alive!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters