Sunday, August 09, 2009

In the Mail Monday



I'm late with this baby gift. Katelyn was born in June, and I've had the sweater done for over a month! In my defense, she lives in California, and won't need it until winter. When we're knee deep in snow, she'll be snuggled in my little sweater.

Katelyn has an older brother, and he gets the bug-eyed hand puppet. It looks weird, but in my experience, little boys like strange, buggy critters the best.

I tucked in two bibs, a little on the small side, and the earflap hat is because I remember Katelyn's mom had earaches as a kid. I hear the booties are wonderful because the tall cuff helps them stay on forever.

I'm almost ready to make a delivery of baby hats, only 3 more to go!

Knitter's details: I started with the Seamless Baby Kimono and heavily modified it. I used the same earflap hat I made for Bean last winter, and the booties are EZ's and can be found in one of her books. I used an entire skein of Lion Brand Baby Soft, the color is called Candy Print, and it weighed 4 oz. I used #5 needles. The bibs are the Simple Baby Bib, and the hand puppet is my own creation!

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, August 15, 2009, Blogger Tat-a-Renda said...

Stopping by to say thank you for entering my giveaway. Good luck to you in the drawing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters