Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Knitting for babies and peace


I'm knitting for peace today. Read about it here: peacefleece knit for peace. I know I can't change the world, but I will refresh my soul and focus on peace and compassion while I knit.

I'll be knitting hats for newborns today. I went to the Saturday knitting social at my favorite local lys, and D said one of the hospitals is low on hats; down to the bottom of the drawer.

Well, there's simply no excuse for cold babies in this town while I still have functional fingers. So I bought pink and blue dk yarn, and have 3 hats done so far. I plan to finish the 4th one and bring them to the lys.

Here's a link to Michelle's Preemie - Newborn Booties and Hat pattern I use for babies. It is well-sized and very basic. I like to cast on 72 sts in #4 dpns, 2x2 rib for 3", switch to #5 dpns and 3x1 rib for 3". Decreases start with k6, k2 tog, and go down from there.

Then, just because I wanted a challenge, I altered Grumperina's hat, Odessa, found on MagKnits.com. It is a real beauty, but I'm not sure if my version is stretchy enough.

I'm knitting for babies and peace today. If you can, add your good intentions to the universe.

1 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, March 21, 2006, Blogger AJ said...

The colors you chose for the baby hats are beautiful. They look wonderful and I'm sure the babies will appreciate them more than you know. You are doing such a good thing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters