Saturday, March 11, 2006

Never Be Afraid to Sit Awhile and Think


Even with planning and years of experience, sometimes tatting just doesn’t work right. I finished this bookmark, but it is not going anywhere except the bottom of my bits and pieces box. Trust me, under the card is the corner, and it looks just plain silly.

When I worked with Lisa, I had a bit of paper on my bulletin board that said, “Never be afraid to sit awhile and think.” Should have sat a bit longer on this idea. I like the motif, however, and will try to fit it into a bookmark similar to the previous one.

I’ve been busy with my son, who is sick with pneumonia. When he was 3, I looked forward to him getting older, I thought I wouldn’t have to worry. When he was 13 I worried even more, there are so many ways a creative teenager can get into trouble. Now he’s 23, on my couch with pneumonia, and I still worry. It’s even worse because I have to let him make his own decisions about doctors, work, medicine, and stuff.

When I decided to have kids, I foolishly thought it would be a temporary assignment. Just 18 years or so, I thought. Wrong. They can leave my house, but I will never stop being their mom. My kids will never be too old for this mom’s love and concern.

1 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, March 13, 2006, Blogger Alwen said...

My mom says "No matter how old you get, you're still my baby." :) I understand this a lot better now.

The part of the tatting that shows looks great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters