Wednesday, February 22, 2006

A Little Bit of Lace


A nice change of pace, a knitted lace bookmark. I made this for the March Bookmark exchange of our lace group. I hate to let it go, the peach is one of my favorite threads. The finished size is 2.5" x 5". I cast on 25 stitches in Cebelia #20 with #000 needles. That's the smallest size from my set of Susan Bates Silvalume sock needles. My first attempt was the Branching Out Scarf from Knitty.com. After 2 repeats I decided I really didn't like the k3togs in the pattern. In the description, Susan says she made a slight modification to Barbara Walker's pattern in the 2nd Treasury. I found "Leaf Shadows" on page 312, and was much happier with it. Only 1 k3tog, much easier for me to negotiate with my death grip on those teeny, flexible needles. I'm pretty pleased with it, especially since I managed to block it without getting any cat hair bonded to it during the process.

1 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, February 22, 2006, Blogger Alwen said...

"GMTA" (Great minds think alike), I printed out "Branching Out" thinking I might use it as a bookmark pattern! I'm doing one from Mary Thomas's pattern book, one of the leaf patterns.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters