Monday, April 10, 2006

Have Needles, Will Knit


I'm still alive and knitting. Here's the latest crop of baby hats for the local hospital. Three of them are based on Michelle's Preemie Booties and Hat Pattern, but I did a 3x1 rib instead of stockinette. The hat in the lower left is from a pattern I found on Woolworks site, Lorraine Major's Spiral Rib Baby Hat. The pattern says the cuff is a bit loose, and hoping to correct that I started with size 4 needles, then switched to size 5. It didn't work, and the brim is still loose. I do like the way the spiral reverses itself when you fold the cuff, but will start with 1x1 rib for the next one. It's on the needles now, and I think it will make a nicer hat with that change.

I plan to finish up with the baby socks this week, and then get back to my lacey bookmarks for Lisa.

1 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, April 10, 2006, Blogger Alwen said...

Hey, I'm glad to see you're still alive! What a cute crop of hats you've been busy knitting. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters