Saturday, April 01, 2006

Warm hats, warm babies


I've been knitting baby socks and hats this week. Here's a picture of 3 hats I'm taking to my LYS today.
I am using Odessa from MagKnits. I have changed a few things, but not much. I omitted the beads, and changed the multiple from 10 to 8 by k4 instead of k6 in the pattern row. I cast on 64 or 72 stitches and knitted a 2x2 rib for 2.5 or 3", then switched to a size larger needle and knitted in the Odessa pattern for another 2.5 or 3". My decreases followed the pattern as written, only starting with round 6 because my multiple is smaller.
This gives me a small newborn hat 10" around and a newborn size about 11" around. The yarn I am using is Cascade Yarns Cherub Collection D.K. with size 4 & 5 dpns. Bernat Softee Baby is also working up about the same. I get two hats from one skein of the Cherub, and enough left to make a cuff for a third hat. I switched to Bernat Softee Baby and finished the hat with white.

1 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, April 03, 2006, Blogger Karen said...

How adorable are those.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters