Sunday, November 25, 2007

Slipper Sox for Jake

"Jake" asked for slipper sox this year, and I found the notes from his first pair. I knitted those in 2004 and I guess they have lasted this long because they have been lost most of that time. "Jake" is not very organized. I found this red yarn at the Suburban Five and Dime, and decided to make him a bright pair of slippers. Maybe if they glow in the dark he'll be able to find them when they are under his bed or in a closet. You can also see the little hoya plants I'm growing for Christmas. I'm a bit disgruntled right now, and "Jake" probably won't get a plant from me.
Knitter's details: 2 strands worsted weight acrylic yarn, size 8 dpns, 40 stitches. Cuff down, 12 rounds k2p2 rib, 20 sts and 20 rows for heel flap. Turn heel, pick up 11 sts for gussets. 20 rounds to the toe shaping, continue k2p2 rib down the instep.

Labels: , , ,


At 12:38 PM, November 29, 2007, Blogger Karen said...

I'm thinking he should have no problem finding those. That is very bright yarn. They look great!


Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters