Saturday, January 26, 2008

Sachiko Kimono - Done!

I ran out of Lentil earlier than I had hoped, but the sleeves don't look too odd. Bean won't care, and Diametrag is too sensible to be a fashion diva. If the sweater fits, Bean will wear it, I'm sure.

The diagonal on the fronts is done in garter stitch, and is very tight. This skews the whole thing, and I had to put the ties lower than expected. They should be placed where the sweater starts to decrease, but it is so tight, it's at least an inch away from the sweater edge. I hope it's a minor glitch in the over all picture. I have a plan that should correct that problem in the next little Kimono I'm knitting.

I have 3 more skeins of 1824 cotton, and it seems a shame to let them languish in my stash. I have two skeins of Maize and one skein of Sky. Oops. Maize and Blue is not a favorite color combination in Diametrag's house. (Go Spartans!) Well, the Maize is more of a creamy yellow and not a dark gold, so perhaps it would be best if I just don't mention the actual color name. Maybe Diametrag will regift it to someone who doesn't mind the colors.

Knitter's Details: Sachiko Kimono, 6 mos size, 3 skeins Mission Falls 1824 cotton, #6 needles.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, January 26, 2008, Blogger Leahtk said...

Hah! Fashion Diva...I love it. Seriously this is a super cute baby sweater and I can't wait to dress him.

 
At 5:07 PM, January 26, 2008, Blogger Alwen said...

I just found out my brother's wife is pregnant, but she is a super-fast knitter, so I don't know if she'll want baby things, but that's such a cute pattern!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters