Friday, January 18, 2008

It's a Blooming Jungle Out There

Diametrag and I went to Frederik Meijer Gardens two winters ago, we wandered through their orchids and orchid sale. I bought one in bloom; everyone said if I could grow African Violets, I could easily grow an orchid. It's been awhile, but it finally bloomed again. I don't remember the name, but they said it was easy to grow. This picture has a lot of clutter in the background, but the colors are close to real life.
Here's another shot, the flash made the background all black, and it looks a bit odd to me, floating in the darkness like some sort of wierd UFO.
This is a hoya I got in October, and it looks to me as though it's going to bloom! It is Hoya Multiflora, (scroll down for text) and has yellow flowers that look like shooting stars. It doesn't vine, it branches, and could get to be shrubby.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters