Sunday, January 13, 2008

Finished Socks For Me


The first pair of Socks for Me is done! They are warming my feet as I type; they feel soft and fit just like I like them!
I added 10 rounds to the length I normally knit my cuff, and didn't die from the exertion. They are tall enough to fit in my new boots. After my k1p1 cuff, I bind off with the Kitchener Stitch, rather than a knitted bind off. It takes some time, but I finally learned it well enough I don't need my cheat sheets any more.
I'm trying to decide which yarn to use for my next pair of socks. Ah, the luxury of having 6 more skeins to choose from. Diametrag and Jake are superior offspring; they know how to make this old mom happy! I will skip the black and dark brown, and leave that for summer knitting when the daylight is reliably bright. Diametrag slipped a skein of Tofutsies into the mix, and I may try that next. It's a tweedy gray and white, and the stitches will be easy to see in the gloomy days we have this time of year.
Knitter's details: Knit Picks Felici, Pebble, (superwash merino), #0 dpns, 64 stitches, toe up, heel flap and gusset, stockinette stitch

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, January 16, 2008, Blogger Alwen said...

Hope you are well -- I thought maybe I'd see your new socks Monday! I love the shawl as a background for them in progress.

I've been looking at Ravelry's project pages and promising myself I'll eventually post mine, but that's going to be a project in itself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters